The internet is changing the rules of data collection, data management, and how attribution and measurements work in the next decade. Blotout is an early stage company focusing on enabling Enterprises to be data independent while allowing consumers to be able to consent.
Blotout’s primary customers are Marketers and Product Managers that struggle with data management across web and apps and having to figure out privacy and compliance laws across the globe. We help these roles continue business as usual while taking care of measurements, attribution and privacy data ops.
Blotout is a remote only team based in Silicon Valley, India, Germany & Slovenia. We are seed stage and backed by Y Combinator besides some big name investors.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who can work on collecting, storing, processing, analyzing, and sending huge & variety sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Sounds expertise on Kafka, Spark, Python and Airflow
- Scala (with a focus on the functional programming paradigm)
- Experience with building stream-processing systems
- Hands on experience on AWS (GCP, Azure will be a plus)
- Scalatest, JUnit, Mockito
- Spark query tuning and performance optimization
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources and build pipelines
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
Ideal time zone: IST or CEST. Most of the server team is in India.
Send us your resume to email@example.com